The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is an FCC program and is a temporary program to help households struggling to pay for internet service during the pandemic. This new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, and virtual classrooms. The EBB will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households. The EBB is limited to one monthly service discount per household.
Consumers can begin applying for and enrolling in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program on May 12, 2021. The temporary program will end when the fund runs out of money, or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the COVID-19 health emergency, whichever is sooner.
Who Is Eligible for the EBB Program?
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Received approval for benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers’ existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
Learn more about eligibility and what documents may be required at www.getemergencybroadband.org/do-i-qualify/.
How Do I Enroll in the EBB Program?
There are three ways to apply for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
- Use the online USAC application at www.getemergencybroadband.org
- Print the USAC application, complete it, and mail it to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
- Contact a TCT customer service representative by calling 1-800-354-2911 to learn about our application process
A completed EBB Customer Opt-In Form is required before service can be activated.
What Packages Qualify under the EBB Program?
The following packages are available at NO COST to qualified household until the end of the EBB Program:
- Fiber customers: 50 Mbps Download/50 Mbps Upload (Your monthly cost at end of EBB Program: $42.45/mo*)
- Copper customers: 30 Mbps Download/10 Mbps Upload (Your monthly cost at end of EBB Program: $42.45/mo*)
- Wireless customers: 3 Mbps Download/3 Mbps Upload (Your monthly cost at end of EBB Program: $49.00/mo*)
*You can cancel your service at end of the EBB Program or continue at these monthly prices.